For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. (James 1:23-24)
Do not let your hands drop the polished mirror [which is] the Gospel, which reproduces the image of everyone who gazes at it and the likeness of everyone who peers into it. [The mirror of the Gospel] shows every detail. It rebukes the ugly ones for their defects so that they might heal themselves and remove the foulness from their faces. It exhorts the [spiritually] beautiful to be watchful over their beauty and even to increase this beauty with whatever ornaments they wish, lest they become sullied with dirt…To everyone who peers into this mirror [of the Gospel], his and her sins are visible in it… Take firm hold, then, of this clear mirror of the divine Gospel in your two hands and look at it with a pure eye that can look at the divine mirror. For not everyone is able to see his or her soul in it, but only the one whose heart is discerning, whose mind is sympathetic, and whose eyes desire to see its Helper…And when I saw these [sins] in that bright mirror to the holy Gospel, my soul became weak and my spirit was at an end and my body was bent down to the dust…And I remember that good Lord and kindly God who cancels through tears the bond of those in debt and accepts lamentation in the place of burnt sacrifice. – St. Ephrem
- Young Couples/Family & Elementary Day:
- Sunday School Registration:
- To ensure you’re child has been registered for Sunday School, please fill out the registration form.
- Women’s Meeting:
- The next Women’s Meeting will be Friday, September 22
- Men’s Meeting:
- The next Men’s Meeting will be Thursday, September 28 at 7:30pm
- To receive information on the men’s meeting, click: Men’s Meeting
- Acts Kids:
- Bible Pleasure:
- Tuesday nights at 7:30.
- This Tuesday, we’ll be discussing the last days of St. Mary’s life.
- Saturday Night Bible Study:
- Saturday nights at 6pm in the Church.
- This week, “Faith and Works” as understood from Galatians
- Deacon’s Meeting:
- To receive information on the deacons’ meeting, click: Deacon’s Meeting
- Church Pictures:
- Please send any church occasion pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations Needs:
- Men’s and women’s clothes (T-shirts, pants, shorts, shoes) are needed.
- Hygiene supplies are also needed (toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, small bottles of shampoo and conditioner)
- Donations can be left at the shed next to the church van.
- The Life of St. Verena – H.G. Bishop Kyrillos (9/14/23)
- The Start of the Coptic Year – Fr. Gregory (9/17/23)
This Week’s Schedule:
- Midnight Praises: 8:00 – 9:30pm
- Bible Pleasure: 7:30-8:30 (In-Person and on Facebook)
- Liturgy: 8:00-10:00am
- Liturgy: 7:45-9:30am
- Liturgy: 8:00-10:00am
- Youth Meeting: 8:00-9:30pm
- Hymns: 5:00-6:00pm
- Sunday School/Bible Study: 6:00-7:00pm
- Vespers: 7:00-7:30pm
- Midnight Prayers: 7:30-9:30pm
- Liturgy: 8:00-11:30am