- The Great Lent
- Week 3 of Lent, the church reads from Luke 15:11-32: the Parable of the Prodigal Son. In this parable, Christ shows us the importance of repentance and humility. The Prodigal Son repents, and returns to his father, and his father welcomes him with open arms. We rejoice in his repentance and seek to emulate him. And as our repentance deepens, we grow closer to Christ, who calls us to emulate the father’s compassion and love for others, especially those who have gone astray. The father’s other son is filled with envy and arrogance, making him fall deeper into sin. May we resist pride and envy and seek the life of repentance.
- Daily Commentary for Week 3 of the Great Lent
- No Liturgy this Tuesday, March 10th
- Lenten Weekday Divine Liturgy Schedule
- Tuesdays: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (cancelled on March 10th)
- Wednesdays: 12:00 to 3:00 pm
- Thursdays: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm in Arabic
- Fridays: 3:00 to 6:00 pm
- College & GYP Spring Retreat
- Guest speaker Fr. Daniel Nashed will be blessing the retreat held on May 15 – 17, 2020 at The Hills Hotel in Laguna Beach about Social Christianity
- Register Here!
- Early Registration for $135 is March 4 – 22
- Late Registration for $150 is March 23 – May 4.
- St. Luke’s Gospel Questions
- Visit Our Bookstore!
- Arrival of New Books! The 21. A Journey Into the Land of the Coptic Martyrs and I Am N
- More photos of our newest products!
- Deacons’ Spiritual Day!
- 11th Annual Graduate and Young Professionals Lenten Retreat
- The retreat will be held on March 27 – 29, 2020 at The Pala Mesa Resort about Pope Kyrillos: a Man of Prayer
- Register at LACoptsGYP.org
- Mahragan El-Keraza 2020!
- ACTS for Kids
- ACTS is hosting ACTS for Kids for children ages 8 to 13
- ACTS for Kids will be held at the COCC on the first Saturday of every month through May 2nd. Register at ACTSKids.com